About Me

educator, writer, traveler

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Next month: Cambodia

Next month I'll go to visit Cambodia. Tan and Halley, a friend from church, will go with me. Cambodia has been one of the places I have been wanting to go to the most since I came to Thailand. I have only been across the border once for a visa run. Cambodia appeals to me because I want to learn about its tragic history of genocide, remarkable people, and its ancient Khmer culture. And of course, who wouldn't want to take pictures of a giant tree swallowing an ancient face-carving in a remote jungle temple. I've seen some of the Khmer-style temples in Thailand, and they were remarkable already.

We'll fly into Phnom Penh, the capital of Cambodia. We'll stay for one day and night. Then we'll go to Siem Reap, which is the closest city to the famous Angkor Wat temples. Now we need to decide where we'll stay. I've found some good websites like this one: http://www.talesofasia.com/cambodia-siemreap-guide-stay.htm
I'd appreciate any tips about traveling in Cambodia. Happy traveling to all you cyberglobetrotters out there!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please write comments. Thanks.
-Steve

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Global connection incorporate atlanta Pamela anderson teniendo sexo United states baccarat inc crystal nexium description and usage Bontril is better than phen Dondelinger chev buick Gade soft cpus Dell precision 340 cpu

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » » »